[Dailydrool] Joined Drool

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 10:41:57 PST 2009

We joined the Daily Drool in the mid '90s when we had Dottie and Shelby.  Gus joined us a year or so later.  I haven't always kept up with it as I'd like (mainly after the human children arrived in 2002) but I do enjoy reading it when I can and the support and encouragement that is found here when needed.  I do appreciate all the thoughts from so many this year with the passing of all three of our senior hounds.

And now many are joining the "joy journey" as we welcome two new hounds into our home Friday!  So excited to welcome Ellsworth and Jolie into our family and the surprise the kids are going to have when they realize we are actually bringing a new dog home tomorrow and then again when they learn there will be two of them.  Tonight dh and I will be puppy-proofing the house while the kids are at grandma's so they won't suspect anything.  Thankfully dd worked with me on Monday to clean the doggie room/bed so we don't have to do that chore.

Janet and her future hounds, Ellsworth & Jolie