[Dailydrool] Maggie turns 10

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 04:57:04 PST 2009

Today, our most cherished Maggie turns 10 years old!  She has been with us
since she was a 10 1/2 weeks old (way back before we were educated in the
ways of rescue vs pet store and proper age to leave a mama, etc). She has
been raised with our 2 children who are 10 and 12. She is our eldest four
legger. She has been through thick and thin with us. She was a military dog
living on an Air Force base with us in Cheyenne, Wyoming for a few years.
She then moved with us to NY state where we have moved another 6 times, but
have settled down and bought our first house 5 years ago. She has welcomed
foster bassets through ABC and 4 other K9's of our own through her door step
in those 5 years which all still live with us.  She is our snoring girl who
makes it well known when it is nap time ( which is most of the time). She
has slowed down some and it takes her longer to go in and out for a potty
break. She can't quite see all the squirrels in the yard from where she
watches out the window like she once could, but on her good days she
bosses the doxie boys around and keeps them in line. Today, she doesn't know
it, but she is going to work with me. She is going to go to PetSmart and get
a pedicure and to pick out whatever she wants. I also baked my first
official dog friendly cake last night to celebrate her birthday with her
siblings tonight. I also bought partyware. We will take pictures and I will
post them on her dogster page soon.
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/209908               Happy Birthday Maggie. We
all love you.

--