[Dailydrool] Sad day for AZ Basset Rescue saying goodbye to ZACK

bassetsdrool at cox.net bassetsdrool at cox.net
Fri Nov 6 17:39:19 PST 2009

Meet ZACK who came to AZBHR just on November 5, 2009 as an owner relinquish
as Zack needed surgery for the cancer tumor.  After running tests a
difficult decision was made by AZBHR's medical review committee as the
cancer had spread to many parts of his body and surgery wasn't an option and
his new Auntie Kim went to Sundance Animal Hospital to help him to the
bridge.

Today (November 6th) I got the call from Robin Martin, VP/Intake Coordinator
that Zack needed to be put down as he had cancer in many parts and was
having problems breathing.surgery was not an option due to the severity and
location of the masses.  So I headed over to the vet's office but first
stopped to get him a Krispy Kreme donut with chocolate and jimmies plus a
Burger King double cheeseburger for Zacks last meal.  I cry as I write this
cuz the minute I walked in the vets office to the exam room Zack wagged his
tail and gave me kisses.how could I say goodbye to this sweet boy.  So I
gave him his donut (dessert first for this sweetie) which he took all of it
in his mouth and chowed down quickly.  Then I broke up the double
cheeseburger and feed it to him and he ate it all and again gave me kisses.
I then spent some time with him and just gave him some loving and lots of
kisses.  I told him about the Rainbow Bridge and that Naomi (my foster who
died of cancer 2 years ago), my sweet Beatrice ATB along with all the other
hounds would great him at the bridge, show him the way and that a steak
dinner was waiting along with a pain free body.  Well the time came to say
goodbye to this sweet boy and as he went to sleep tears flowed and I loved
on him all I could in the short time I knew him.  While this was very
difficult for me I'm so glad I could be there for that sweet boy and wish
there had been more I could have done for him.

Link to photos:   <http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=128876>
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=128876

Hug your four legged furry friends and cherish today with them..

Love that Drool,

Kim A. Bruck, President & Basset Ball Coordinator

Arizona Basset Hound Rescue

Celebrating 10 Years...Many Ears 2009

Spreading Drool One Basset at a Time!

Over 1,300 dogs saved

kim at azbassetrescue.com www.azbassetrescue.com

Basset Ball 2010 - September 25, 2010 Mark Your Ca.endar to attend! WANTED:
SPONSORS and AUCTION DONATIONs Silent, Live Auction and Dinner in Scottsdale
www.azbassetrescue.com

Basset Merchandise:

www.zazzle.com/azbassetrescue*

www.zazzle.com/tomakeadiffference Bassets, Bloodhounds with Cancer Ribbons
to benefit Breast Cancer and AZBHR

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love
yourself." Josh Billings