[Dailydrool] when I turned the calendar page...

Teddy and Izzy teddyandizzy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 07:56:12 PST 2009

Yesterday was a very emotional day for me.  First I saw Pat's sweet post,
then I went to my calendar and turned the page. There was my sweet Annie and
the very precious Pw. Lilygurl on my garden bench in their hats.  I know
that when Pat submitted that picture she had no idea that Annie was going to
leave us, but I can't tell you how touched I am by this special tribute as
well as the beautiful words in her post.  I am touched by all who remember
her, and especially touched that her two special boyfurends, Kings Bob and
George, are still fighting over her.

I found the drool in 2001, shortly after I adopted Annie from Ohio Basset
Rescue.  We all love our precious furkids, and I had had two before Annie
that I lost and loved very very much, but I can't tell you how much it
shattered me to lose Annie.  I think it was her sweetness and affection, her
very short widdle legs, her silliness, her extreme bassetude, and maybe most
of all how because of her I met so many wonderful friends through this
list.  It is a unique and wonderful little planet, this drool place, and I
am grateful to have found it.

I wish I could have been more gracious when Annie died.  I hope I thanked
all the people who reached out and sent cards and remembrances and offered
support.  I have the feeling that I probably fell short.  No excuses, but I
was a bit numb and really just dumbstruck.  But it was all appreciated and
deeply comforting and I thank you now, from the bottom of my heart.

Annie was my voice on the drool, but I am still trying to find it again.
Teddy is a quiet, shy gentlehound so he doesn't have that much to say, but
Izzy has plenty to say.  I'm just still trying to figure out what language
she's speaking.  It's loud and she definitely has the potential to be
prolific.  Possibly Pw material but just such a bizzy Izzy, she'll have to
slow her pace a bit.

Sending drool to all in need, along with a lot of love and wishes for
happiness.  Hug your hounds as much as you can!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Beth
&Teddy&Izzy