[Dailydrool] Back problem

Lisa de rollinstar at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 19:41:29 PST 2009

Fellow droolers, My basset Molly Moo is in the hospital. While in the kitchen with me, I just happened to be looking at her and before my eyes she yelped and her right hind leg collapsed then left. She tried to walk away but her hind legs dragged behind. I picked her up and immediatly took her to the vet where she's staying sedated and being treated to reduce the swelling within her spine.

Molly Moo is around 6 years old, my darling from the local basset rescue. There are no stairs nor jumping in the home. Out of the blue, it just happened,  If the medical treatment doesn't work, then surgery which I have read has a fair to good success rate. Can anyone provide advice? Avoid the surgery?
Worried, Lisa