[Dailydrool] Mid-Timer... with a new houndie

Susan Randolph msrandolph at verizon.net
Sat Nov 7 19:22:57 PST 2009

I'm mostly a lurker now (due to job and health challenges), but I've greatly
enjoyed the postings about when people first encountered the Drool. I would
probably be categorized as a Mid-Timer. I joined around 2002 or 2003,
primarily to help BROOD promote the Ramble. I was going to subscribe for
just a few months... but I quickly became hooked. I loved figuring out the
lingo and hearing stories of basset mayhem, even learning about legendary
dogs whom I'd never meet but always admire.

On the Drool, things come full circle. Some of the sweetest pups venture to
the bridge before any of us are ready to say good-bye, and they often send
new dogs to watch over their people. After I became ensnared in the DD web,
I so loved reading posts that I finally pulled as many as I could locate
from my brief tenure into a commemorative book -- YOU HAD ME AT AHROOO,
still available and still supporting rescue at www.fortheloveofdog.net. Now
there are a whole new crop of wildly funny and incredily sweet tales.
Happily, the circle of drool continues...

And now I too have welcomed a new rescue pup into my home -- wholly
unplanned but wholly loved. A sweet senior, Stanley, joined the HOP brigade
a few weeks ago, and I met him at the annual HOP pawty on Oct. 24. He
crawled right into my lap and into my heart... so now we're working on
convincing my Toby and Daisy that he's a welcome addition (they're actually
doing quite well).

I probably never would have adopted so readily had it not been for the
Drool. I would have been nervous or made up all sorts of excuses about why
it was not a good idea. But having read so many stories about dogs who just
needed a chance to share all the love they had to give, and hearing about
fosters and adopters who have taken the plunge and never regretted it... I
hardly hesitated. Thanks to the Drool, I am now a fully-fledged insane
slave -- and proud of it.

Healing drool to all who need it... it really does work!

Drool on,

Susan
Slave to Toby, Daisy & Stanley