[Dailydrool] Breakfast bowls

Jacqueline MARANGOS marangos6 at orange.fr
Sun Nov 8 00:10:08 PST 2009

Barnaby 4 years old is so funny that I just have to share with everyone.

The breakfast ritual is hilarious. I feed Barnaby kibble (dried food ) since birth by the way he is a big boy and very healthy. He has three food bowls - the big blue plastic one which is the original food bowl for him - he won't eat directly out of it anymore - but prefers to push it round the kitchen until he manages to turn it upside down. This takes forever cause he has to catch it on an uneven tile before it will turn over - then he spends ages eating every single one of his food until they are gone from the floor. But for some unknown reason some days he prefers the metal bowl and eats straight out of that without turning it over refusing to eat from the big blue bowl. So now he has a third smaller bowl just in case he doesn't like the size of the blue one or the metal one - (confused?) and depending on his mood - he chooses to have his meal in a different recipient every day. Every morning I pour food into the three bowls (equal amounts) and he spends at least 5 to 10 minutes looking at them trying to decide which one he will eat his breakfast from. The other two bowls remain full until I clean up and it starts over the next day. Its never the same bowl from one week to another. Try figuring why he prefers one bowl to another on different days - I guess bassets must have moods just like we do. But I drink my coffee out of the same cup for the last 10 years and don't even think about it.

Can anyone beat this ritual?