[Dailydrool] Another Mississippi puppy mill busted

Leanne Potts leanne.potts at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 15:44:27 PST 2009

Well another week, another puppy mill. This time the bassets were
sezied from a dog breeding operation in Bay Springs, Miss. Because Bay
Springs is in a county in central Mississippi with no animal shelter,
the bassets were sent to the neighboring shelters in Oxford and
Meridian, Miss.

There were 10 bassets to start with. Four were in renal failure due to
extreme starvation and had to be euthanized on arrival. Three were
adopted to the public. Three remain who need our help. They're all
female, all spayed and vaccinated, all heartworm negative. They're
also all very skinny.

BRBR is trying to get them out of there this week. So we need some foster
homes to open their hearts and houses to these battered pups and show
them how good life can be.

You can also see their photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43448204@N03/sets/72157622639038003/
Please step up and help these hounds. It'll be the first break they've
had in their entire lives. If you haven't fostered before, please
consider giving it a shot. If you have fostered before but have been
inactive, please consider jumping back into the hound-saving business.
If you're fostering now and think you can squeeze another in, let me
know.

If you're unable to foster, please consider making a monetary donation
towards their care.

Thanks

Leanne Potts
President, Belly Rubs Basset Rescue