[Dailydrool] The movers came today

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 19:33:25 PST 2009

And I finally have a minute to catch up.  I spent most of this week outside
of work frantically packing for Phase 1 of our two-part move.  Half of my
belongings are on a truck on their way to Florida -- I've never done an
interstate move and it's kind of disconcerting.  Let's hope we see them
Thursday when they're supposed to arrive.  But as a result I am way behind
this week.

First, the bassets are sending heart-healing drool and I'm sending warm
thoughts to Nancy and Bill, to Karrie and the folks at GABR, and to Kim on
having to send Sweet Sarah, Slater, and Zack to the bridge.  My lab Lisa had
a stroke very similar to what Nancy described and we too had to make the sad
decision to send her to the bridge.  Like Nancy and Bill I stayed with her
to the end, telling her I loved her and she could go free, and I am so glad
I did.  Nancy and Bill, Sarah knew only love at your hands, and you gave her
the kindest gift you could give her at the end.  She is waiting for you with
love at the bridge.  Karrie, I'm so sorry about Slater -- he is lucky to
have had your love for a few very happy months.  And I know the folks at
GABR made their decision with sadness and with love.  And Kim, I cried like
a baby reading about Zack having his dessert first and then his cheeseburger
before his trip to the bridge.  Thank you for loving this fellow and giving
him a gentle journey.

Healing drool for Beasley and his derriere tumor -- please let us know how
the surgery goes tomorrow.  Healing drool for Hal's eye -- so glad the
surgery seems to be successful; hope he makes a very quick recovery.  And
tons of drool for dear Ms. FrankenBeasley -- her poor sweet face was so cut
up, but I know this will do the trick and she'll be like a new girl with no
terrible ear infection.  It will be worth it.  Drool for poor Nancy with her
eye and 11 teeth removed.  I'm sure she'll be like a new girl when she
heals.  And drool for Miss Annabelle and her eye mass surgery -- how did she
do?  And drool for Molly Moo.

Now drool and prayers for people.  Vi, we're so sorry you've had such a hard
year.  You're entitled to some good health for the rest of this year and for
2010!!  And drool and prayers for Carolyn's friend Michael who lost his
beloved spouse of 37 years.

And now for the happy news.  Rebecca, I loved your show, and Humphrey is a
natural-born actor -- thanks for sharing that with us!  Happy birthday to
Hollyberry and to Maggie LaRock.  And the bassets are doing the happy dance
that Bel's foot was just a badly infected cyst and NOT cancer.  Hooray!!
Welcome to Jolie and Ellsworth -- congratulations Janet and family on your
new additions!  And Susan, I loved the Tank Hound pictures.

Congratulations to Brandi on the arrival of little Kaya.  I'm so glad your
bassets are being such good big brothers.  Bev you asked what OEBE stands
for.  It stands for Order of the Evil Basset Empire and it is a designation
reserved for only the most havoc-wreaking bassets known to man.  Mere
mischief isn't enough -- usually there has to be mayhem with a clear sense
that the basset knows what he/she is doing and is enjoying it immensely at
his/her people's expense.

Beth, I'd never heard the stories about Duchess.  I laughed at the tar story
especially.

And finally, in the middle of all the rush yesterday the Fedex man arrived
at my house with a wonderful package from the Tana girls.  In it was the
most beautimous wreath ever -- specially pawsonalized by the artistes in a
very bassety way.  We will be honored to hang it at the holidays this year.
And it's not too late to get your very own, or a lovely ornament or
stocking.  Just send Cookie an e-mail at pawsforblossom at hotmail.com and the
Tana girls can get you all set for a houndy holiday!

Laura (Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Rosebud, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))