[Dailydrool] Drool for the Gus Man

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 21:47:15 PST 2009

HI all
The Old Gus Man could use some super duper drool.
As most of you know Gus suffers from Canine Cognitive Disorder(CCD). He has been treated holistically and has done fantastic. On Sunday we had our once a month Meetup group. I got brave and took my two bassets plus Joni's 4. We all had just a great time Gus played and sniffed for almost the whole time we were there. Got home and there was no problem dinner was served and consumed. He headed off to bed after dinner which is not unusual and fell a sleep on his blanket in my room. When I went to bed usually he moves to my craft room but he didn't. I just figured he was pooped. Well this morning when I got up, again he didn't move out my way but I didn't think to much about it he will pretty much sleep through me getting ready and then get up for breakfast. I went to get him up for breakfast I found he could hardly move and had pooped in his bed. Thanks to the Drool I used the towel method to hold up the back end and a leash to guide him. Once I got him down
 stairs he just layed downed didn't want his breakfast or water. I had to go to work but luckily Joni's DH was home sick to day. Loaded G and T in the car and off we went. When I unloaded him he walked on his own but was wobbly and disoriented. He peed and pooped. Went in and got some water but got lost at the water dish so I helped him out and guided him to his favorite sleeping spot in the bathroom. That's where he stayed all day till Joni got home and helped him out for a potty. I have been in contact with the holistic vet all day. I have got some guidance from them and we're on just a wait and see because he still is walking (when you wake him up and help) just not eating or drinking.
Cross your paws and say a prayer that he is just flat out tired from his big day at the park. And a full day or two of rest will help. I took most of the day off Tues. so I can be with him.
Loving drool to you all!
Patty Crawford

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936