[Dailydrool] Gis's sore paw

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 06:17:01 PST 2009

I noticed a limp on monday and saw that his left front pad was all red.  took to the vet tuesday morning.  she said she wishes all her patients were as compliant as he.  let her look but whimpered when she tried to look further in.  so she put him on antibiotics, something like pordox or something (don't have it with me) and told me to soak it in warm water and epsom salts or wrap it with a warm wet salt cloth.  the soak was impossible, but he let me wrap it with a microwaved cloth i had soaked in water and epsom.  so he's on the meds for 10 days but she said if it doesn't get better in a week, she'd like to sedate him and look into it further for the source.  as a first timer with dogs, i've been told never to sedate unless absolutely positively necessary.  if it doesn't get better, should i go her route or ask her to try a different med?  the limp isn't a big one and he still flies like the wind when we leave my bedroom in the morning for breakfast.
thanks for any suggestions.............
just call me nervous nellie, loving slave to my little Gus