[Dailydrool] Not wanting to share mom

dcullrich at sbcglobal.net dcullrich at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 19 06:50:17 PST 2009

First I am mainly a lurker, but want to Thank everyone for their posts.  I have a beautiful 6 year old basset and have learned a ton from everyone on DD about the quirks, habits and all other adventures involved with the glorious hound.
I was literally up for hours with the whole reverse sneeze issue until I learned to plug the nose.

Not wanting to share mom - My Suzi is notorious of not allowing the 2 cats in our life that came after her, to not come on the bed or cuddle on my lap.  She growls and I immediately make her get off the couch or off the bed before this escalates.  She will lay and pout at my feet (which breaks my heart - but we do not allow growling in our house).  After an adequate 'time-out', I invite her back.  This has worked, so my suggestion to you is - when Annie pushes, make her get off the couch, she is only allowed on when she behaves they way you want her to (good luck - this may take a few efforts since our hounds are persistent). Same with Fred - any growling - off the couch.
Hope this helps!

Cari - Slave to Suzi (I think I desearve the PW title)
Bailey (Old deaf Golden - Everyone loves me!)
Emma (I just wanted to sleep on the bed - I don't even like being petted)
Lily (I lived outside until a little while ago and I really want to be on Mom's lap)

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/999283