[Dailydrool] Maggie at the Roundup

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 21 17:37:32 PST 2009

My DH is a scout leader and has been for many years.  They are camping this weekend and he called this afternoon wanting me to bring the dogs out to the park where they were.  It seemed odd that he would want the dogs but there were other dogs around so I decided that I could only bring Maggie.  Ninja wants to eat other dogs, Maggie looks like a basset with a strange disease with all her thin hair spots from the itching and Shelby is so slow to walk that it would have taken half the afternoon to get her to the campsite.  So Maggie was volunteered.

We go there and I just about went home.  There were close to two hundred kids and parents all over the place.  I thought it was just one troop.  Couldn't find the DH and wanted to forget the whole thing.  He finally waved me over and we went to find Nic, the teenage sloth who was camping too.  Maggie had a blast.  She got so many belly rubs, I am surprised she still has hair on her belly.  As soon as she saw Nic she jumped up and almost wriggled out of her skin.  He sat on the grass and she climbed into his lap.  She is not a lap dog.  She is a two to three lap dog.  She never barked even once.  I was amazed.  She just took it all in and sat there like the round little princess she is.  She ignored the other dogs mostly.  One little boy said he loved bassets but his mom said he couldn't have one because they got really big and they howled.  They don't get much bigger than Maggie.  I told him that they are big and they howl but they are really lovely dogs anyway.  He said that I was really lucky because I got to have one.  He's right.  I am really lucky four times over.  Somehow these four needy little beings crossed paths with me and got to come home with me too.  I wish everyone could be so lucky.

I still feel lucky when there is pee and pudding on the floor.  I love these short chubby wriggley beings with all my heart.

Drool and snooters to all who are in need.

Ninja--I mad at mama.  She no take me to da park.  She leab me home wif the stinky sisters.HUMPHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marley--I mad too.  She say I too grumpy and patchy and stuff.  I liked da parky.  HUMPHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Magie--I gotta go in da car fingy and sit in a seat and go to a pwace wif wots of boypeeps and get nickzillion bewwy rubs.

Shelby--I wonder when its time for breakfast or snack.  I'm hungwy.

Mom

Happy  birthday to Momperson.  Go out and have some fun.  you deserve it.