[Dailydrool] no TBO book + another old timer

Sabrina brii at sprynet.com
Sat Nov 21 19:22:56 PST 2009

Mrs. TBO (Pat) did collect Bill's stories and talked to Pam Tanzey
about illustrating the book; but she never moved forward with it. She
remarried and keeps busy traveling and visiting the increasing number
of grandchildren. I talk to her now and then.

I joined the Daily Drool in 1995; my daughter found the site for me
when we were searching the Internet looking for a solution to the
problem of Basset brothers who hated each other and fought. (We had
tried a trainer, an animal behaviorist, and everything else we could
thing of.) Brendan and Calhoune never did get along, but I stayed and
became addicted to the Daily Drool. I met many new friends on line
then in person at Waddles in Michigan and Charleston and the
Nationals in St. Louis; we were even invited to tea at the home of
Droolers we visited England. TBO (the bearded one) and I were working
together in the early days of Basset Hound Rescue of So. California,
and TBO became a Drooler too. Perhaps the best part of the Drool, for
me, was what it did for rescue. We rescuers learned from each other,
shared ideas and resources, and facilitated the formation of new
rescues all around the country (the world). Basset Hound Rescue of
So. California's "waddle" - the HOWLelujah Chorus - was modeled on
the Michigan Waddle. (Melissa and Jo have always been generous to
young rescues); and Basset Spring Games started after I visited
Oregon for the Basset Olympics; and BHRSC helped other rescues when
they were getting started. Now, there are Basset rescuers all over
the country and in other countries. We will never know how many
Bassets were saved as a result of the Daily Drool.

Nancy Gallagher created and maintained the Daily Drool web site, and
the email list, and Hounds Bay by herself for ten years. She had
other wonderful ideas, like the holiday card exchange and secret
pals, which took off with the assistance of other Droolers. Thank you, Nancy.

Calhoune and Brendan are at the Rainbow Bridge now, and I imagine
them best of buddies. We rescued Ellie (3) a year ago and Buddy (10)
in February; and there's our 9 year old Golden Retriever, Hailey
(here because Brendan LOVED tall dogs).

Sabrina