[Dailydrool] Pierre Jr.

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 10:35:35 PST 2009

What a weekend.  I have not spent a night away from home in 10 years, never in the lifetimes of the hounds here, but I was compelled to take the weekend off for one reason, and one reason alone, Pierre Jr.  I left fear and worry behind, and Saturday morning, I left Massapequa with my sister in charge and headed to Washington, PA where it was arranged that I would rescue the beautiful Pierre jr.  His real identity is Thor from OBR, and I thank with all my heart Kathy, Maribeth and OBR for allowing this precious bundle of joy into my life.  This was not a planned event.  I was not seeking another hound, and I stumbled upon his photo rather by accident.  It was love at first sight, however.  At first, I was going to let it go.  But I found myself compelled to visit the OBR website over and over and over to look at his photo.  Then, I showed his photo to my sister, and she asked if I wanted him.  I had not crossed over to the notion, however, until the one month anniversary of Pierre's passing.  I think it was Pierre who nudged me to submit the application, and I was approved.  It was rather fun to hit the highway, as in my youth, I drove all over all the time.  Kathy and her daughter (and Mya, Pierre's buddy, the bulldog) brought Pierre to my motel, and I had a wonderful first night of private bonding with him.  And bond we did.  We had an instant "Krazy Glue" connection.  He was perfect on the ride home, as he mostly slept.  On occasion, I noticed he would watch out the window, but mostly he slept.  We took frequent stops for water, potty and exercise, and he is so friendly, just like Pierre Sr., wanting to meet and greet everyone.  For the most part, he is fitting into his new pack, and I know it will take a little while for him to be fully acclimated.  He has a little bit of puppytude, and he is challenging the others.  He has a deep loud bark, and he likes to use it.  He doesn't like his ears to be cleaned, but he is already making progress with this.
I fully realize he is his own being, and I don't expect him TO BE Pierre Sr, and I will love him for him, and I really have fallen in love with him completely.
So, in light of this, I am very much behind in reading drools.  I send healing drool to all in need, condolences where appropriate and belated Happy Birthday to Bev.  I hope you had a blast.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs and Love,
Jackie, Pumpkin, Jean Paul, Pierre jr., Jellybean, Nigel, Colette, Max, Little Nikki, and Pierre Sr. (ATB), forever in my heart