[Dailydrool] Dewey Score

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:55:10 PST 2009

Dewey - 2

Shrews - 0

I swear this dog is part Rat Terrier! He ignores all else when he gets a good, fresh, scent of some hapless rodent. At the park, he spends all his time digging around the pond, digging out musk rat nests. At home here, he is hot to get those rodents - moles, shrews, mice, voles - that inhabit my gardens and our neighbor's lawn. He spent about an hour yesterday digging out a shrew from under the back steps. My rhubarb patch, which is right next to the steps, is in rough shape, thanks to him. Good thing it is hibernating!

So, this morning, Dewey woke up, acting like a wet rag, instead of his usual Tasmanian Devil. He even declined to chase his kitty brother, DeVille! This went on all day. Moving seemed to really hurt. A Bufferin in the morning and at lunch seemed to do little, so I gave him Tramadol. After that, he insisted on napping outdoors, so I put his coat on him, and let him sleep on the front porch. It is almost bedtime, and he seems just a wee bit better. I gave him a Deramaxx. If I see no improvement by morning, in to the vet we go. At least he is eating and eliminating normally. Eating - well, I did give him oatmeal with babyfood beef in it, instead of his usual dinner. Ya know, sick kids get to be coddled!

I am hoping that he just pulled a muscle or something while jockeying around under the steps yesterday, and is just sore. I hate to see my baby hurting!

Gotta go! He says it is time for bed. And, of course, I will carry him up to bed tonight. Lordy, I am so glad he is much more petite than our previous bassets! Wonder if Deramaxx would help MY now-sore back!

Linda and His Royal Furriness, Dewey

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/