[Dailydrool] bonded pairs

Linda Wittig wittigs at live.com
Wed Nov 25 11:10:48 PST 2009

Regarding Renee's posting about a bonded pair, I had this same thing happen to me with 2 cats. They were not siblings but were raised together for 6 years. Both were rescued from the streets of the Bronx.  The "owner"'s new husband became deathly allergic to them and she gave them up for adoption. They were fostered in close quarters for 6 months. I was looking for one cat, but took both of them. One was schizo, the other wouldn't be touched. I finally returned the schizo cat, and the other one became the sweetest, most loving cat, given a few weeks of attention and one-on-one care. He lived with me another 11 years before going to the bridge last year. He even tolerated Buddy, our mixed basset for a year. And the schizo-cat survived 9/11 in Soho. So, I guess "bonded" might not always mean "bonded-well".  Good luck, Renee.
Linda, slave mom to Buddy and Roscoe (Little Purr ATB)