[Dailydrool] Thanksgiving Update on Boogie and Buster

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 26 05:19:49 PST 2009

We are thankful this day to be able to give you an update on Boogie and Buster, the 7 year old bonded boys dumped in a shelter - it's that time of year sadly.

I got a call from the vet's office to come get these boys.   When I had left them, I joked with the vet tech that Dr. Pam says they just need some Tagamet and some Valium - turns out, I was right.  The not eating, vomiting and uncontrollable bloody diarreah was.....stress.  That's right, stress from being dumped at the shelter.  Those of us who do rescue know that bassets, especially those that had a "loving" family don't do well in a shelter situation.  They form deep bonds with their humans and suffer greatly when abandoned.  I think the shelter finally believes me now after thinking that Boogie was going to die if he didn't get vet care.

So Boogie and Buster are home with me, eating and figuring out their place in the grand scheme of things.  Buster is a very big boy with lots of wrinkles, feet the size of Texas and could win a cutest (and widest) butt contest.  He truly waddles as he walks.  Brother Boogie is more quiet, thoughtful and has the most gorgeous eyes.  I have two other bassets here right now that look just like him so I have to look carefully to see who is who.  Boogie likes to sit like he is a Sphinx and his eyes never leave you unless he is sleeping or eating.

So we are thankful this day.  For the hounds.  For their health and for their happiness.

Thanks to all of your who sent well wishes to Boogie and Buster both publicly and privately.  Now....to find that home for these two boys.

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com