[Dailydrool] Bil Jac

Robin Tepool rtepool at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 26 08:23:24 PST 2009

Not to be rude but Bil Jac is really crappy food.  It would be like us eating McDonalds every day..sure it is tasty to some and will sustain us be we will  have a high probablitly to have health issues later on.I have read alot about dog food and tried lots of different foods with my two bassets.  A friend of mine also owns a pet specialties store which sell alot of different foods but NOT the grocery store brands.

I looked at the ingrediant list and posted it below..if its the Bil Jac Select  you are talking about.....
Chicken by products are undesireable..even the chicken by product meal is undesireable...what is that?? You should be looking for a food with chicken meal as the first ingrediant. The carb source is corn which is not very good...you should be looking for a food with  potato, white rice, or oatmeal.

Chicken By-Products (Organs only, Including Chicken Liver), Chicken, Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Brewers Dried Yeast, Cane Molasses, Egg Product, Salt, Sodium Propionate (a preservative), DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin B12Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Inositol, BHA (a preservative), Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Cobalt Carbonate, Potassium Iodine, Sodium Selenite.

A REALLY GOOD PLACE TO VISIT IS THE DOGSTER FOOD AND NUTRITION FORUM. A poster named Sedona kinda summed it up...here is the link to the direct post....

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/518898
If you are looking for a budget food..I can send you some info on some..

Robin & the heathens Andrew Rufus, Luke Anthony, Maggie Frances(ATB), and Wilbur (ATB)!!
Please visit www.suncoastbassetrescue.org  to see how you can help!