[Dailydrool] Basset in Montana in Dire Need

Junell Lawrence jazzee at bigsky.net
Thu Nov 26 15:33:45 PST 2009

As I was perusing the Montana Pets on the Net website I saw a posting for a
Special Needs Basset, here is what I read:

"Samers is a 4-5 yr. old Basset who escaped in Helena during a transport to
a Calgary rescue. Each lead brought out numerous people this last week
trying to catch Samers but he was unsocialized, didn't know his name and is
very afraid of people. This afternoon we received a tip that he was seen at
the train depot and we all went down as fast we could. Unfortunately in the
process of trying to attract him, he spooked and ran under a train
sustaining a traumatic amputation of his tail, severe injuries to his right
foot and some damage to his pelvis. He has been stabilized. Pelvic xrays
show no fractures. We'll know tomorrow if he will need an amputation at the
shoulder or if they can save his right front leg minus the toes that were
lost to the train. We all feel horrible about what happened and would like
to raise the money to cover his vet bill. The rescue is still willing to
take him. He is being taken care of by Dr. Tia Nelson. If you can help with
a donation, it goes to Total Dynamic Balance Vet Clinic 3386 E US Highway
12, Helena, MT 59601. (406)-442-0188. Thank you for caring about Samers.
Cost to date: $350-400 US. Money raised to date: $130."

A picture can be see of poor Samers if you go to this link.
http://www.montanapets.org/statewide/index.html

I hope we can find this basset the loving home he deserves where he will be
socialized and learn what it is to be part of a family. Thank you for
reading and helping.

Junell Lawrence in Montana
Fellow Basset and Dog Lover