[Dailydrool] drool please....

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 09:24:15 PST 2009

hi guys,
this was the worst thanksgiving of my life.  my girl Cassie is really sick and if anyone can spare some drool for her I would appreciate it.

long story short - the vet found blood in her stomach on friday.  they think there might be a tumor or something in there that is bleeding.  i was stuck 3 hours away from home in the middle of B.F. E. at my in-laws over t-giving with my dogs.  I thought Cassie was bloating.  I got some gas-X in her on t-giving day and she perked up, ate some rice, drank, had diahrea, color came back to her gums and ears and she was resting.  i even make a 20 min drive at 4 am in my jammies to a conv. store only to find they didn't have anything for gas.  UGH.

Friday - she was off and on, i got out of work early, came home, fed her some more burger/rice mix and she looked like hell.  called the vet and they had me come immedately.  they took her out of the exam room to biopsy her belly because it was still distended.  brought me back a tube of blood with the needle they used.  so - not a good prognosis.  she isn't a candidate for surgery because of her heart problems, her age (9 is old for boxers) and all the meds she is on.  they gave me prednesone and within 24 hours she was like her old self again.  she is still passing blood in her poop, but it's clots.  so i am hoping that the meds have/are stopped the bleeding.

does anyone have any experience with this?  i still have her on hamburger/rice.

i am taking her back to vet this week, but i know that every day or minute I have with her is probably a gift.  i love her more than anything, so if you could spare any drool for her i would really appreciate it.

lots of love and drool,
annette, Maya, Cassie, Schroeder and Sophie (all who don't understand why Cassie gets to eat rice and hamburger and no one else does.... hrmph.)