[Dailydrool] Home Owners Association

Bill billa_1 at msn.com
Mon Nov 30 10:13:31 PST 2009

Hi,
I know some of the Droolers are in the law profession.
I own a condo and have one Basset (Janie Anne) who has lived here for over 3 1/2 years and one foster Basset (Siobhan) who has been here for around 3 months.  I intend to adopt Siobhan.
Neither is an outside dog, except for the balcony.  I have never had any complaints about the girls being here.  I drive them to the park or the doggie park every day and they never are on any of the common areas.
There is a home owners meeting this Thursday and I have heard that the subject of dogs may be on the agenda.  Apparently there have been complaints about owners not picking up after their animals.
The covenants are 2 dogs allowed weighing under 40 pounds.  Obviously my Girls do not fit the weight requirement.
My question is; are there any federal or State precedents covering this topic?  I live in Colorado and the laws here are so convoluted that I have not been able to ascertain if I have any grounds to keep both of them.
My physician told me once that he would write an affidavit stating that Janie could be considered a therapy dog for me.  I assume he would also include Siobhan.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.  My Girls are my only family.  Even though Siobhan has only been with us for a short while, she is an important part of our little family and we would hate to have to give her up.
If worse came to worse, I guess I could sell the place and find another, but in this depressed economy, that option is not very appealing.
Thank you for any help you can give,
Drool to all in need and our prayers are with all who have been experiencing loses or problems.
Woofs,
Janie Anne (I don't want to move or lose my Sister), Siobhan (I just found my home and don't want to move either) & Bill