[Dailydrool] hip dysplasia & holiday decorations

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 20:34:31 PST 2009

With our first basset (Dottie) she had lost cartilage in her back hips around a year old.  We researched and began giving her Shark Cartilage and Ester-C (1 each / 2x/day) for the rest of her life.  She'd have a few episodes with pain and we'd get the Rimadyl for that, but she lived, ran and used stairs for 13 years after that!  I know the cartilage loss is a bit different, but even our vet was amazed at what this combination did for her.  We've had other people try it with the hip dysplasia and they've seen some relief for the dog.

So far the Christmas tree has lost two decorations.  Not bad for 4 days with Ellsworth the puppy nearby!  I've since moved up more of the "precious" ornaments that I didn't realize my daughter had placed on the lower branches.  Presents...they exist but they will not be coming out until Christmas Eve and the dogs will be banned from the living room.

Janet & her sweeties, Jolie & Ellsworth