[Dailydrool] Christmas decorating

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:42:42 PST 2009

I love a big Christmas tree! We have always had a wonderful, big, tall tree
that we decorate with the decorations that our kids made when they were
little and all of the special things that have been given to us by friends
and family over the years. Well, that was until our Ginger (aka Pita as in
pain in the ***!) came to us last year. She is just a wild child in a basset
suit! We hemmed and hawed over what to do about a tree for weeks last year
and finally got a Charlie Brown tree that we were able to put up on a fairly
tall stand (believe me, we seriously thought about suspending it from the
ceiling!). We decorated it with all of our favorite things and then never
put any presents down till Christmas morning when our granddaughter came to
visit. I thought I was going to be so unhappy because of the change in our
tradition but we ended up loving our tiny tree! Plus, it was so much better
than fighting with our incorrigible Pita who would have shredded anything
and everything that she could reach. I'm actually looking forward to finding
another little tree again this year.

The Houndettes are sending healing drool to all the sick hounds and worried
two leggers. Hope everyone is on the mend.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger (aka Pita!)