[Dailydrool] Housewetting

Lisa Board lisaboardva at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:07:01 PDT 2009

I too would love any advice from Droolers on housewetting help!  I've
recently taken two fosters in; don't know much about their history, however
I think the male was an outside dog for the most part.  He was just neutered
in August at the age of 8.  Doesn't poop in the house, thank doG, put will
pee in the kitchen, right in front of the dog door.  He is not afraid of the
dog door; goes in and out just fine.

I've started crating him at night, which he hates, and taking him out every
two hours on the leash whenever possible to the same spot and telling him to
go "pee pee"; we stay out there till he does, then I lavish him with
praise.

He's been here a week now and we're down to one pee in kitchen per day as
opposed to four or five, so perhaps it's starting to catch on.  But I'm
still open to any advice Droolers have.

Smooshes,
Lisa with the house Basset Baloo, and fosters Buckley & Zoe