[Dailydrool] Anita and her Rat

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 09:06:26 PDT 2009

Hi all. I was going to say that it might be a North Texas and Dallas problem, these rats, but in her recent post Anita mentioned it might be a family pet. The Wilson Gang has squirrels (rats with fluffy tails) to keep them entertained but their squirrel hunting capabilities are mixed. Sometimes they are on constant patrol and barkbarkbark at the squirrels. Other times the squirrel can be doing the hula about 10 feet away and the dogs do nothing.

BUT, there is a rat out there.  I saw him a couple weeks ago. Now when we go out at night, Gigi spends time staring up into the trees and bushes. Which are rustling, which increases the creepiness factor exponentially. When I hear little creatures stirring in the bushes at 2 in the morning and the dogs are not listening to my fiercely whispered entreaty to come in, I employ that time honored and surefire phrase LETS HAVE TREATS!