[Dailydrool] Urine smell

Jane Hay jhay at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 4 14:51:31 PDT 2009

We have our four Houndettes and have had the same problem. The first thing
that we tried was a $25 bottle of something that we got at the local super
pet store and we never thought it did much of anything.   A friend of ours
suggested spraying the yard with a mixture of Listerine (the original kind)
and about a teaspoon of dish soap thrown in so the mixture sticks to the
grass. We've been doing this since spring and it's amazing how much it has
helped minimizing the smell. We live in NC and it gets HOT. The odor was
obnoxious so we had to do something. We did accidentally buy the mint
Listerine once and it doesn't work anywhere near as well as the original. My
husband got a sprayer that attaches on the end of the hose and regularly
douses the yard once a week or twice a week if it's really hot and humid and
we haven't had any complaints from our neighbor since. Hope this helps.

Jane & the Houndettes

Jersey, Shadow, Suzy, & Ginger