[Dailydrool] first annual exam and immunizations

Teddy and Izzy teddyandizzy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:50:47 PDT 2009

I am hoping for some quick advice.  Izzy has her first annual exam today.  I
know she will have to get a 3-year rabies (Ohio requires this) and they'll
probably want to give her parvo/distemper shot and something for kennel
cough.  I get very nervous about immunizations because my Annie always
reacted badly to them and ended up with lymphoma.  I did not have her
vaccinated the last 2 years of her life, but the vets in my area are still
recommending annual vaccinations for everything except rabies because there
is a 3-year shot available for that.

I think that next year I will either not have her vaccinated or I will get
her titers checked.  My question for this year is should I stagger the
injections.  A friend suggested that I get the rabies now and then go back
for the other shot in 2 weeks so that it isn't too much of an immune shock.
I've never heard of doing it this way and wonder if it makes any
difference.  Does anyone out there do it this way?  Please email me offline
if you see this today and can give me any direction.

Thanks and drool to all in need.
Beth
&Teddy&Izzy