[Dailydrool] Tinkerbell's Eye

Kathi Lockhart slave2bassets at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:01:29 PDT 2009

When I adopted O'Tay over three years ago, I was told she had an eye
infection and was given drops for her. Within two weeks, her eye was just as
you describe - blood-red, third eyelid up, and bulging out about twice the
size of her other eye. Even when you would shine a light in her eye, the
reflection from the inner eye was red. A visit to the eye doctor resulted in
O'Tay losing that eye to glaucoma. After that, she was a different dog. You
could tell how much better she felt.
It has been three years since O'Tay had the eye removed and she gets drops
in her other eye twice a day just to keep her pressures in check. So when
the vet says "close behind" about the second eye, that isn't a given.
Lots of drool for Tinkerbell from the Little House of Hounds and good
thoughts from me.
Kathi and the Little House of Hounds.