[Dailydrool] Loki and Jordan- No kisses tonight.....

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 14:19:47 PDT 2009

Wednesday we had really strong winds all day long and a lot of dead
branches came down in the yard so Friday afternoon I went out to clean up a
little. Some are so big and heavy that I may have to seduce a neighbor with a
chain saw to get rid of  them.
It was a nice afternoon so I let Loki and Jordan out with me. The two of
them were looking at something on the ground and Loki yelped and ran crying
into  the bushes. He is such a wuss, Jordan just has to give him a "look" and
he  hides. I coaxed him out and went over to see. Yuck, a dead chipmunk! I
have no  gloves on and both bassets are very interested in this thing. I put
a large  piece of branch over it while I went looking for a stick that I
could pick it up  with and dispose of it in the woods. I looked up and Loki
and Jordan are on  opposite sides of the yard and they each have what appears
to be a dead 'munk!  Jordan has it in her mouth but drops it when I yell
"drop" at her. Loki (no  brains here yet) is tossing his in the air like he
does with stuffies. I get the  dead 'munk from Loki and toss it over the fence
and run to Jordan who had picked  hers up again. I get that one safely
dispatched to the woods and go over the  branch that is holding the other one and
there is no dead chipmunk there. So,  were there three dead chipmunks and
one got eaten or did one of the bassets  get the original out from under the
branch without me noticing?  In any  case, I am not accepting kisses from
either of them for quite a while.
Kathy with Crackers (inside and slept thru the whole thing) Loki and Jordan
 - but Mom, we chase those things all over the yard and we finally got one!