[Dailydrool] Dudleys' ears

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Mon Oct 12 11:49:03 PDT 2009

Hi all.
Some of you know about Dudley's ears since he came to live with us at SHA.  Some don't,  but I wanted to tell you all about his ears then and now.
We got Dudley about a year ago, his ears were very bad when he arrived, he was diagnosed with pseudomonas in both his ears and we started treating him for that. Initially it was 2x a day cleanings for about a month,  with a special rinse, topical, and then his oral antibiotics.   We saw improvement, enough to where I could scale back to the same cleaning, only once a day.  We have done this for about 6 months, maybe 7,   they are looking pretty good,  but still each evening, I would get crud out, enough to know we still had infection in there.  After the last ear check up,  I told our vet we were going to try the Blue Powder treatment in his ears.  He was open to it, as nothing he had told me to do was working well.  SO about a 5-6 weeks ago, I added it in on our treatments.  Each afternoon, he gets this put in his ears and then in the evening we do our regular routine.  I started noticing there was less and less crud in his ears!  Recently he had another dental, (9 toofies pulled!)  While he was under, they treated each side of his ears with another drug, and let that set in there for about 15 minutes each.  Since he has gone through that, I am continuing with our routine,  including the Blue Powder, and his ears are looking great!
I do not know at this point if it is gone,  but surely he is much happier than he was in the past.  He eats better,  vocalizes more, and is just more himself.
I wish I had used this sooner.  I chose to mix with witch hazel due to him having some rawness in his ears.
I am sold, and have bought the items I need to make mass quantities for the Bounders!
I sometimes think I am as stubborn as these hounds when it comes to trying something different,  but I will be more open minded in the future as it has made such a difference with Dudley!
Just wanted to share.

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org