[Dailydrool] update on Llewis and Nigel (long)

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:31:03 PDT 2009

Ok well now both of them have something.
Went back to Doc today and discussed the situation without the dogs, who
would have added not much to the conversation. Llewis was up at 2 or maybe
it was Nigel, One of them.Everyone went out and ate grass until I made them
stop. They came inside but Nigel needed out again almost immediately.
Everyone went out except Conley. Nigel and Llewis pooped, seemed happy,came
in.
About 3 or 3:30 Nigel started whining. I had not gone back to sleep yet
because I was trying to let Llewis sleep with me and he is not a dog I will
bother to try to sleep with again. I could hear Nigel's tummy from across
the room, bubbling and squeaking. I felt his tummy and it was not distended
but it was hard, as if he were guarding, which I thought he probably was.
Nevertheless I got up and emptied all the kitchen  cabinets looking for
someGas-X.  Hubby wanders out to see what is going on and informs me there
is notany Gas-X left.
I get dressed and drive to the 7/11 where I buy Gas-X at an exorbitant
price. The clerk looks smug. I would slap him but I am too tired and too
worried about Nigel.
I come home and give him the pill and it seems to help immediately.
It is now 4.
I am dressed.

I offer everyone a handful of I/D dogfood.Llewis does not eat: Cooper does
not eat:  Nigel runs outside and throws it up and then proceeds to guard the
pukeage. (Conley ate and is ready to roll.) After nearly losing my hand
trying to get Nigel in the house I stomp inside and shut the door and let
him do what he wants, which is to eat a little and then give up and come in.
I lay down with Nigel curled up behind my knees and Conley at my shoulder.
Cooper  went into the living room and threw something up but I didn'tknow
about it until later when the acid in the bile had sucked all the green
color out of the carpet and left a big yellow spot. God, I love my decor. It
is so...so....*doggie*.
Anyway Doc put Llewis on Baytril and Pred. He put Nigel on Flagyl and
anti-spas.(modic.) (Anti-spasmodic.) (If it were anti-*spaz* I would give it
to Conley.)
And NO MORE EATING GRASS!!
(I just dozed off writing this, and I have the TV on. Food channel.Conley
and I watch it together.

Drool to those who need it,
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis,Conley and Cooper, and all the drug manufacturers