[Dailydrool] pets as tax write off

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Oct 13 23:14:27 PDT 2009

No no mr tax man ... this is Dolcie, that's Demi, Jr is over in the corner,
and then out here we have ...

3 hours later, tax man leaves, big note on paperwork "potential fraud /
audit situation (84 hound type dogs)"

:-)

-Robert

PS. and you know ... its funny but if you really look at it, taxes favor the
better off.  Renters don't get huge write offs for their living spaces, so
this 500 per dog, unless you can make up enough to go above the "personal
writeoff" that the irs "allows" ... you won't benefit.  Last year this was
$8000 ... so if I couldn't find more than 8k in write offs, I got nothing
above .. yet when I was an "owner" I was easily qualifying 20 to 30k in
write offs!  :(

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] pets as tax write off

I just heard on the news that they are proposing a tax relief for people
owning pets.  They are saying that people who own dogs could get as much as
500.00 per yr. per dog if they claim them.