[Dailydrool] Basil update

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 07:25:09 PDT 2009

Baz went into surgery at 5:30 AM; the vet called me at 7 to say he was out of surgery. They found a ruptured mass on his spleen; the spleen has been removed and biopsies sent for evaluation. I'll know in 3 or 4 days if it was cancerous or not. The concern now is blood loss; apparently the rupture caused a baseball-sized clot in his abdomen. They're going to watch him for the next 24 hours, but for now he's stable. I'll call later this afternoon for another update.