[Dailydrool] Flu

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 14 19:17:50 PDT 2009

The approach that the group of veterinarians I go to in St. Louis is taking is that they are in touch with the veterinarian board of Missouri and are following their guidelines.  There are some states that are getting hit hard, and those pets should be vaccinated (it is a series of two injections).  Any show dogs or travelling houndies should consider the vaccine also.  Right now it is not showing up in our area.  There is also always a slight risk of giving a new vaccine, so until it shows up, they aren't recommending it unless somebody insists.  There is a map online of the states that are being hit. Should it start showing up in this area, then the vaccines will be started.
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane and Bunny