[Dailydrool] ERs & Dog bites; Doggie Flu

Jan Marchlewski jan3luski at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 15 12:50:10 PDT 2009

A few years ago I went to the ER for a dog bite. It was our dog but the local rules are to alert animal control. At the time we had 3 dogs over the limit. The ER nurse couldn't get through and her shift was ending soon. She handed me the phone number and told me to call in the morning. The doctor stitching up my arm asked if I was going to call. I said no. The doctor's response was that he didn't think I was stupid.

My sister works at a vet clinic in St. Louis. That clinic is recommending the doggie flu shot to all of their clients. My sister asked one of the vet's seriously if our dogs really needed it. The vet recommended it for our dogs since we foster.

Jan
Lady, Grace & Lenny (atb)