[Dailydrool] Chronic ear infection - new treatment?

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:17:57 PDT 2009

I've been treating Sara Sue for an ear infection for (I think) 2-3 months.
We go to the vet every other week.  We've done oral meds, chinese herbal
formulas (oral) along with animax & baytril otics and cleaning/flushing the
ear everyday.  Today she tried something I hadn't seen before.  She filled
the ear canal with a really thick antibiotic/anti-inflammatory mixture.
Said she learned it from a vet who treated chronic cocker spaniel ears.  It
stays in the ear canal for 2wks (and boy is is gooey!).  Sara Sue doesn't
seem to mind it, but she never complains unless food is late... or someone
steals her squeakie ball <rolling eyes>.
So I'm supposed to keep the ear flap clean.  No more flushing the ear.
Check a couple times a day to make sure it's working.  This stuff (I think
she called it BNP??  Not sure... if it works I'll find out.)  I'm hoping
this'll work for her.  Since I'd never heard of it or seen it done before
thought I'd mention it here.
keep yer ear flappers crossed for her!  :)
vikki momperson to
spencer, sara sue, hal e bear
sebastian atb, natasha atb