[Dailydrool] The girls are on their way to California

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Sat Oct 24 10:14:23 PDT 2009

The girls left about an hour ago, Sophie in the front seat, and Nancy in her crate.

Linda got to the house about 9pm last evening and we sat up to almost 2am talking and loving on the girls.  Anyone who knows me knows that Holly and I are usually in the bedroom by 10, so kept getting dirty looks from Holly b/c she was losing her beauty sleep :)   Sophie just curled up on some pillows in the living room around midnight and went to sleep.

I had to run out this morning to pick something up and needed to let the girls out before I left.  I had to wake all 3 of them up.  I didn't want them waking Linda up since she had a 1400 mile drive to make.  I was gone about 30 minutes and when I walked back in the door Holly was there to greet me, and Sophie was asleep on the couch.  She apparently didn't hear me put my key in the door :)  They were barricaded in the kitchen when I left, but have found that there is nothing that keeps them in the kitchen when they want out.

While we were having our coffee Linda got Nancy out of her crate.  She was scared at first, but after about 10 minutes she stopped shaking, and actually wagged her tail a few times.  We walked the 3 of them around the yard just to get them used to walking on leashes.

After breakfast Linda started packing the car up while I held onto Sophie & Holly.  We walked all around the front lawn and they were having a good time.  Once the car was packed up Linda put Sophie in the front seat and I came in to get Nancy.  She walked right out the front door and over to the car.  Linda picked her up and put her in the crate, turning it so Nancy could see Linda and Sophie, and look out the front window.

Linda took Holly for a walk so I could say my good byes to Sophie & Nancy.  That was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  I was a basket case yesterday, so you can only imagine how this went.  Sophie looked back at me all the way to the end of the street.

Holly is now sitting and looking at the front door, the same thing she did when Isabella left :(    I will be spending a lot of time on the floor with Holly today, and she will be fine.....just like I will.

Linda will be just fine with both of the girls and has promised to call me a couple of times a day.  I'm just so happy that they are on the way to Dawn and will hopefully get their forever homes soon.

Suz
Holly Noelle - an only child again