[Dailydrool] Gus-my daily question for the daily drool

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 07:40:09 PDT 2009

Hi all!
First, thanks so much for all your responses and notes; i am so lucky to have found such a great community, being the basset newbie that i am.
Here's my daily question for the Daily Drool:  Gus will be with me one month this coming thursday.  he's the sweetest, friendliest guy you could ever meet, not a barker.  Until this morning.  Up to now, my co-workers beg me to bring him to work with me for the day; he stays in my office, has his treats, naps and greets all who walk in.  when we go to the kitchen for water, he runs like the wind from here to there to the pleasure of all who watch him.  But Saturday, he barked at the fellow who lives upstairs from me (who he knows) and today, he barked at all the guys and one woman (who happens to have and love bassets) in the office.  I had to take him home.   one of the guys here at the office tells me he is becoming protective and will get worse instead of better.   any thoughts as to how i can nip this in the bud?