[Dailydrool] daisey to the bridge

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Thu Oct 29 07:29:55 PDT 2009

We rescued 11 breeder bassets three years back. One of our first big
releases and while we did some things well; we learned a lot about what
to do better. We sent three of these girls to Montana. When they came up
from southern Missouri, they were covered in ticks and fleas, full of
worms and so very scared. After being bred to death, they were abandoned
in the barn with little attention, and little food. When the breeder's
husband left her - what a surprise there - she had to get rid of them.
It was their lucky day.
Three went to Montana. One died after a year. Minnie is still with
Leslie and Daisey was with another rescue nearby. They determined that
no one would likely ever adopt any of these girls. Daisey welcomed all
babies into her home. She cuddled all the babies that came into that
rescue and was a friend to all. She eventually would come in the house
and sit by the warm stove on a pillow and became the resident meet and
greeter. She did learn what it is to be loved and to love.

It is with sadness that I report that near the fire on her favorite
pillow, Daisey went to the rainbow bridge. It didn't take much so Daisey
was ready to go - she leaves a legacy of love... I am in tears over a
dog that I never knew but was a symbol of why we do rescue

Helena Poist
Proplanner
2321 North Loop Drive
Ames, IA 50010