[Dailydrool] My favorite part of a basset.

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 13:52:44 PDT 2009

I just can't pick a favorite part.  Who can resist those soulful yet expressive eyes, velvety ears, sweet snooters, bumps of knowledge, big wonderful feet, short powerful legs, long bodies that can stretch like a slinky, white tipped tail that lets you know when they are happy, sad scared or in pain, and those powerful, wiggling butts,  the many glorious wrinkles, upturned waiting tummies, big ole basset lips and that nose that can smell the BBQ many houses away and then there is......  Who can resist that ditinguished and beautiful graying face of those precious senior hounds?

Then there is the ability of those beautiful droolers to express their very thoughts to their slaves.   The wonderful, analytical thought process that gives the ability to get to the things they want and rid there mouths of yucky items...like pills no matter how well they are disguised.  Who can not love the way that they truly love and enjoy food!  That alone gives me pause to reflect and makes me a bit jealous.  What many call stubborness I call determination, a trait I truly admire and share as a Taurus.  Then there is that ability to take a nap anywhere, any time, at moments notice (I am very jealous about this).  How about the times that they know when you have a bad day and they snuggle up against you washing away tears without having to be asked.  The entertainment these droolers provide with wrestling, Basset 500's, back swishing on the floor with those wonderful lipperflaps open to expose those beautiful teeth gives us reasons to laugh and smile  many times on a daily basis.

When all is said and done I love every part of my basset babies.  I am truly blessed that I have the opportunity and pleasure to be their human and slave.  The joy, happiness, love and calm they bring into my life truly makes the world a better place.  Just look at how strangers have come together with the Daily Drool to share their joy, sadness, stories, pics, videos, etc of their basset babies.  We are no longer strangers even though we have never met but a family and a community brought together by a shared love of our adored basset kidz.

Droolz to all that are in need.  May the saddest we are experiencing with the  health issues and departures to the rainbow bridge end very soon.

Karen and The Dog House Gang (who are all napping right now)