[Dailydrool] Chillie/Mike update

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:51:34 PDT 2009

Chillie's bloodwork from last week indicates that she has insulinoma- a tumor of ( or on?)the pancreas. She is being fed small meals throughout the day and will have more bloodwork next week. The vet does not recommend surgery at her age ( 11+) and thinks with meds and diet she can have some quality time yet. She is behaving more normal each day and yesterday even picked up her stuffie bone to squeaksqueaksqueak and take one run with it.

Mike is doing ok as well. The latest culture shows the Mersa to be gone- only to be replaced with pseudonoma bacteria. The doc was not overly concerned though. He is on addtl. antibiotics and will continue with the Mersa once for at least another week. He is getting a little depressed as it seems progress is two steps back for every forward one taken. On the upside the hole in his stump is healing.

Thank you for all of you who wrote in regards to Chillie- if I missed answering anyone I apologize. Chillie is still back home- it is just hard for my mom to find the time to write in.

droolies, Angelika