[Dailydrool] My Evil Annie is sick

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 16:30:11 PDT 2009

My Evil Annie is very sick,  she was fine all day yesterday, played  and
ate  ran around the yard, then after supper last night she ate her  regular
food at 4:30 PM and about 7  she came outside to play. she acted  normal,  we
came in the house about 7:40 PM and she started to vomit. all  of her dinner
came up and then she vomited 7 more times,  not foamy, but  lots and lots
of stringy  mucus.  she was drooling excessively. I  called my vet and of
course it's the holiday so I had to rush into emergency vet  hospital about 20
minutes away.By that time it was storming and raining and  lightening, we
could only drive about 40 mph on the expressway.  Annie was  puking in the
back seat,  hubby couldn't see the road and Maggie jumped the  front console
and wanted to sit on my lap. she is afraid of storms and besides  her sissy
was puking !!!!!!
Any ways, after spending $ 296.00  they couldn't give me any answers,  they
did X-Rays  of her stomach and they didn't show anything wrong. her
stomach was fairly empty , I told them to check for the bloat and the vet
politely told me that she had never heard of a Basset having the bloat  !!!!  I
told her that she needed to join the drool.  Evil Annie  had a high end of
normal temperature whatever the hell that is  ?????   so after three and half
hours  in the emergency vet  hospital and My credit card going chi-ching  they
gave her an injection to  settle her stomach and stop the vomiting, she
slept all the way home and we had  to carry her in the house, she still isn't
acting right very lethargic ,    she is eating  Canine ID and taking
Carafate. I called my vet today and he  said that as long as she isn't vomiting just
watch her and call him if  she gets worse.   I think I need to find another
vet !

Marlene   mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie