[Dailydrool] Daphneyland News - 9/11 Full Circle

Marie28443 at aol.com Marie28443 at aol.com
Sat Sep 12 02:24:32 PDT 2009

I received this from Dawn.  It speaks for  itself.
Marie

I have to share this story, and yes, I warn  you all - a huge tear alert.

Many know of our recent fire situation, and  soooo many have lent a hand -
there is much to report on this front, however,  today something happened
that I must write about.

Our Military boys -  Leiben & Teuful.
Their human Dad brought them up early Spring as he was  embarking on his
third tour of duty to Iraq - his wife was on her second and  there were no
family members to take care of the boys while they fulfilled the  commitment
they made to their country, to serve and protect us all.  When  their Dad
arrived at Daphneyland to surrender the boys - I could not bear  it.  This
amazing couple were giving their all to make sure that we all had  life, liberty
and the pursuit of happiness.  We offered Military Crisis  care so that once
their tours were over, the boys could be reunited with their  original Mom
and Dad.

I've been so busy the last 2 weeks, I have lost  track of time in relation
to date - and so this morning at 5:30 as I was  checking in the boys at
American Airlines and discovered it was SEPTEMBER 11th -  I almost had a heart
attack.  Not only were these boys flying to see a new  home and be reunited
with their Mom and Dad - but it was the anniversary of the  reason they had
to come to Daphneyland to begin with.

At 5:30 p.m.  today, two beautiful red and white basset boys arrived at
Norfolk safe and  sound, delivered by American.  Their Dad back in the spring,
knowing that  life is full of twists and turns, had not told his wife that
the boys were here  safe and sound - he did not know what the future would
bring, and so he kept  that bit of news to himself - hoping that a reunion
could happen, but not  wanting his wifes hopes dashed if fate played a twist,
and rescue had to rehome  their furkids.  Fate did throw a twist - instead of
returning to  California, they found themselves in NC.  May I say this
amazing soldier  did everything in his power to keep in touch and make sure the
boys were  safe.

Imagine if you will - when he returned home from work today, came  into the
house and said "Honey, I have some packages I need help with in the  car" -
and she opened the tinted window door to discover - her boys.
When I  spoke with Cory tonight, the boys were settled in, Mom had
recovered from her  near fainting spell - and the world was a much brighter place.
A family  reunited.

Two basset boys, displaced due to 9/11 - reunited with the  family on 9/11
Some days rescue does go full circle.

Dawn of the  West
www.barniatdaphneyland.org
Proud to BE an American - and Proud to  facilitate an American Delivery.