[Dailydrool] Honey is starting to walk again!!!

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Sat Sep 12 20:18:05 PDT 2009

Hello everyone, I don't know if you remember me  writing about Honey, about
her losing the use of her back legs.  Both legs  were totally limp, we saw
a therapist  for her, and then ordered her some  wheels from Eddie's.  We
have been doing the therapy on our own with her  back legs, and our vet said
some dogs get the use of their legs back again, he  has seen it happen.
Well, we are just thrilled to pieces, little by  little, her legs are getting
stronger all the time.  She stands all by  herself again, and she now walks
about  10 feet all by herself without  falling on the weaker leg.  But she
turns around on her butt, and it gets  her legs back into position, and she
gets up again, and  goes.
When she runs, she scampers like a little bunny, it is  so cute.
She is doing just remarkable, I was so afraid this day  would never come.
so the nerves in the back are calming down apparently,  and she has feelings
again in her legs.  the cart is just sitting off to  the side right now, as
long as she is walking, we will continue this way.   I just get so excited
to see her doing that.  And she loves not having to  have mama always right
behind her with the sling, her independence is slowly  coming back.  Just
wanted to share with you how well she is doing....it  makes my heart just
smile.  And she comes over to me, wagging her tail,  just like she is saying,
look mom, I did it all by myself.............thanks for  listening, Barbie and
her recovering Honey  girl.