[Dailydrool] Slater & the stairs...

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 09:55:42 PDT 2009

The boys here are sending drool to everyone who needs it! Joey hasn't pawed
in in a while, as with me being back in classes, the computer has been off
more recently.

2 weeks ago, I adopted Joey a brudder dog. He's from GABR, and about 7 yrs.
old. (That makes him a senior, doesn't it?) His name is Slater, and he's a
big smooshy blue boy. He's basically a big lump of goo, roughly hound
shaped, and thinks that eating & sleeping are Olympic sports. The boys have
been settling in pretty well together; starting to play some, and running
around more at the park, etc. Well, yesterday a friend of mine in the area
invited me & the dogs over, so they could play with her black lab. All went
pretty well at first, they sniffed, etc. Then Hooper (the lab) went tearing
down stairs, and Joey ran after him, I was bending down to get Slater
(wasn't sure how he'd handle a whole flight of stairs) and, just as I did,
he took a step down, and basically belly slid down the flight of stairs!! My
friend Dawn & I were flabbergasted! And, of course immediately ran down the
stairs to see how he was!! He was up & waddeling about, but had that "what
just happened?!" look on his face. I checked him over; couldn't feel
anything out of place, or broken, and he was up & mobile. (Actually, he
immediately waddled over & peed on the floor! Seeing as he had just fallen
down the stairs, he was forgiven quickly & we just cleaned up the spot. I
don't think he was seriously hurt, as he managed a walk to & from the town's
ice cream parlor a couple of hours later.

But, when I tried to put him in the car, I picked up around his waist, and
he yowled. Same thing when I tried to grab his bellybutton lint, and rub his
belly later. I think his tummy's a bit bruised from the tumble down the
steps. He's eatting fine, still out waddling about (he's miss stepped a few
times, which worried me, but he did that before hand too). I think I'll
still take him to the vet tomorrow to make sure that all is well, and that
nothing is hurt badly, but he seems to be fine. Still, he could use a bit of
drool, just to make sure that all is well, and he can make it to the waddle
next weekend.
--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Slater, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473

GABR Waddle Pledge page: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds