[Dailydrool] Drool worked again!

Kathy Collins kcollins at crubber.com
Mon Sep 14 05:33:32 PDT 2009

Last week I posted a request for drool for Freckles.  She just wasn't eating and I was SO worried.  The drool worked!  I kept putting off calling the vet because I feared the worst.  News I just did not want to receive while at work.  While driving home, he called me. I believe he was just as surprised as I was that the blood work came back perfectly normal!!!  His own word was "astounded".  I'm so pleased though.  We have her on pred. daily for 10 days, then every other day for 10 more.  We'll see after that.  He said some dogs need to continue on low dose just to keep their appetite.

She ate pretty well Thursday night.  I assume, because I'd only given her the pred. about ½ hour before, that the reason she wasn't eating had something to do with the stomach upset/diarrhea she was suffering from. I had just gotten that under control late Wednesday.  I do believe the pred. has been helping to entice her to eat though. She getting smaller meals more often laced with (gasp!) cat food. I'm told the smell will get them to eat.

I did learn something very valuable.  I had always thought a dog will not starve itself.  I now know that is not true. They can develop a form of anorexia and they will, in fact, quite eating unless you intervene.

Thank you all for your support and well wishes.  It certainly helps when one is crazed with worry!!!

Kathy and Freckles

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, forward, use, rely on or distribute this message or any file attachments. Please inform the sender if you have received this email in error. Nothing in this email amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment, unless separately confirmed expressly in writing by an authorized Officer of the Company. The views expressed in this email are attributable to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Company.