[Dailydrool] too skinny puppy?

Jaime Brigance brigancehappy at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 22:13:30 PDT 2009

Greetings Droolers;

Was wondering what the opinion might be about puppies and how
skinny they look.  I've not seen pics of puppies with ribs that show,
that I can remember.

Geoffrey is about 15 weeks or so now, and he is growing faster than
his food can keep up, I think.  He is energetic and eats well.  I took him
to the vet last week to rule out worms, and vet said he is perfect.  I, of
course being his grandmother, already knew he was perfect.  And he
knows it too!

Yet his ribs show.  Several people have mentioned this to me, people
who had never seen a basset puppy "he seems a little skinny."  And
now that people have asked my daughter also, I thought I'd ask
the experts.

Is is "ok" for a puppies ribs to show?     This is the first basset puppy
we have ever had.   Got a lot to learn.

Drool to all in need, and a rainshower if you need one too.

Jaime & family

Sir Geoffrey Hall Brigance, puppy & master
Jessica the frazzled mommy

The white cats: "I hope this is a one time deal...."

Quigley, Ruby, Nellie ATB loved each day