[Dailydrool] Our calendar page and our sad times

Roland, Duke of Ears handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 14:49:53 PDT 2009

Hey, this is Roland.  Stella and I had our calendar page on Sept 10, when the mom and dad left us in a kennel so they could go away and have fun.  Phooey!  They went to someplace called the Baltic Sea.  They didn't bring us anything back either!  We are getting home cooked chicken and zucchini tonight, thank doG.

Our story is this.  I was a dog who was at the shelter with my sister Bonnie.  The shelter named me Clyde!  Then I went out to the Chryssanthus place in the country for a week or two.  They couldn't keep me very long, so Mom came out with the old Deohgee dog and Heidi (Heidi's in heaven now). Deohgee chased a turkey through a water feature and bad stuff ensued. Both Bonnie and I came to my forever home.  We were bery wild together.  Dad said Mom could keep one of us, although that brought them back to 3 dogs again.  Mom chose me and Bonnie found her forever home also. Ever since, Mom says I'm the best dog she ever had.  I am pretty cool, if I do say so myself.  I have a sense of humor and playfulness and love everybody, even Stella.

We lost our Heidi go Lightly about a year later to the evil cancer.  Mom was looking for a gurl dog, and found Stella was in Olympia at Sylvie McGee's.  Stella had been rescued before by Oregon Basset Hound Rescue, so Mom and Dad took her back. Naturally, she was another foster failure.  Stella does rescue work for OBHR and goes out for home visits. She is a little piggy.  Sorry Stella, but it's true!

I have lived here over 5 years now.  Stella has been here for 4 years.  During all that time, we've shared our home with our 13 year old shar pei buddy Deohgee.

Our peoples love us, and we love our peoples.  Mom says I'm the best dog in the whole wide world.  I do some sneaky and destructive things still, but we overlook the idiosyncracies in each other.

Roland, Duke of Ears
Stella Bella Low, spoiled rotten dog

Janice Henry Colvin

http://mail.yahoo.com