[Dailydrool] GABR Waddle

Lisa Potter mom24hounds at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:26:33 PDT 2009

We would like to thank all the Droolers who stopped by the Drooler tent to
say "hello" this past weekend.  It was great to rub so many houndie bellies
& to talk to your slaves, some were "old" friends, some were "new" friends.
But, we all have our bassets in common.

We would like to thank all the volunteers at GABR for putting on a great
event again this year!  A fun time was had by my whole family!  The raffle
items were wonderful!  I spent $20 each day on tickets, but was very
successful in my winnings!  I needed an extra suitcase to get it all home.
Too bad I couldn't drive them home in a 1960 vette, but there is always next
year!

My plastic took a hard hit at the Slobber Shop tent, but Shelly knows just
what a basset mom needs!  There were wonderful vendors there this year, many
more then last year.  Combining my two favorite things, the bassets &
shopping!

Did you know that Elvis lives?!  Well he was in Dwight this weekend!  It was
a great show.  Luckily, I was able to keep my mom from trying to climb on
stage.  Unlike, in 1976.  (I was in 7th grade) Back then, I was drug along
to an Elvis concert.  She & my aunt duck walked the seven rows from our
seats to the stage & were trying to grab at him.  I was so embarrassed!

It would have been nice if Mother Nature could have held off the rain a
little longer on Sunday.  But, we still enjoyed the parade!  Buster did a
great impression of Elvis in the later years riding in his pink
Cadillac.  While Romeo & Juliet showed off their 50's costumes in their
corvette convertible!  Now, I just have to figure out a way to get someone
to pull me in the parade.

So everyone mark your calendars for the 3rd weekend in September &
please join us in 2010!  It really is a fun time & for a great cause, the
hounds!!!

See you in September,

Lisa
Romeo, Juliet & Buster